Holiday season is fun, festive and … absolutely overwhelming if you’re the one planning the meals, throwing the parties or shopping for the presents! We’re doing all of the above, wish us luck please! In the spirit of giving, here’s our gift to you: we’d like to simplify your life with a few shopping tips to follow during the H O L I D A Z E !
1. Get inspired! I’m sure by now almost every person out there has some form of social media; be it Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter .. the list goes on. Get online, check out what’s trending (especially if you have no clue of what to buy, plus there’s always that one person who is impossible to shop for). Also, check out your giftees’ social channels, maybe they’ve created a “wish list” board or dropped hints of what they’d love to receive this holiday season. Side note: the best gifts are meaningful gifts, get personal- they’ll love that you pay attention!
2. Prepare, plan ahead and do your research. Here at APJ we love lists, all kinds of lists, even our lists have lists. The reason these work so well for us is because it’s hard to forget anything when it’s right in front of you. Keep a list of who you have to buy for, then allocate a budget range, also a few things that they love (cooking, movies, spa days). Also jot down a list of your favorite stores and boutiques.. or online shops that you frequent. More than likely they’ll be holding specials or sales and it’s great to find out when before you start shopping aimlessly. In fact, check out blackfriday.com, you’ll find some great guidelines and even ads.
3. Create a game plan and strategy. Now that you’re organized (remember, strive for progress not perfection), it’s time to design your approach. Enlist the help of shopping apps (aka “insert your name here” little helpers). We found a great compilation here. This tip helps save time and money, something we could all use more of during this crazy season.
4. Take a deep breath, envision shopping success and execute! It sounds so simple, and by following the above guidelines, it can be. Even if you’re a procrastinator, this formula will still assist in shopping victory.
Here are some places we’ll be visiting during the shopping craze…
- The Birthday Suit – This full service waxing spa (two locations in Las Vegas) offers a variety of treatments and my personal fave… facials. Also, they have quite the selection of spa and beauty products if gift certificates don’t work for you. Customer service is top notch too!
- Cote Hair – If you have hair, you need these products (plain and simple). I have dark, long, thick, mixed (Filippino/Irish) hair… combing it out after washing is a laboring task. I use the Comb-Out Spray and magically I’ve gained 15 minutes. The entire line is amazing!
- Roux and Bones – No need to visit a brick and mortar, this quickly growing company is always making an appearance at local farmer’s markets and pop up shops. They offer shipping and hand delivery for a nominal fee. Roux and Bones produces amazing handcrafted soaps and skincare, made with natural ingredients, fragrances, and colors. Also, specialize in cold process goat’s milk creations. Custom orders welcome! I have nothing but LOVE for them.
- After Party Candle Co – My favorite sense is stimulated with APCC’s candles, the sense of SMELL. They seek out the rarest and most beautiful champagne bottles to pour new life as treasured décor pieces. The thoughtful packaging alone is a treat and I’ve never had a complaint from anyone I’ve gifted these with.
- Honey Bee Baby – Not sure if it’s just me, but everyone I know is either pregnant, just delivered, already has kids… or they’re planning to. This one stop shop is your answer!
- La Marie Portraiture – With clients who are soccer moms, military spouses, cancer survivors, business women . . . the everyday woman who doesn’t realize how truly beautiful she is. This talented photographer captures the truth of beauty and gives a priceless keepsake and legacy of the vibrant, gorgeous woman during the photoshoot. Great gift for your partner, even better for yourself!
- Handels Ice Cream – I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Handels is the tastiest treat ever, they have so many delicious flavors that I have a really hard time deciding which four I want. Yes, four (no judging please). Anyone receiving this gift will thank you forever. And the best part is, they’ll even ship it for you!
- Urban PALM – This personal assistance and life management (see what they did there?) service is the answer to all your prayers. This IS the gift that everyone can receive! Couldn’t you use some time in your life?
There you go APJ readers, some helpful hints and a pretty solid list of resources during the Holidaze Craze. If we’ve missed anything, please let us know! We’re always on the lookout for new places to shop. We’ll be back next week, after Thanksgiving, so we’d like to wish you a safe and tasty day! Thank you for being a part of our journey here on APJ.
Image Source: here