We’ve talked a lot about color this year! From our Feng Shui tips on our Instagram #AskAPJ posts, to our forecast about trendsetting colors for the upcoming seasons. As usual, we got yo’ back APJ readers! We’re going to make it easy for you, here’s a refresher course:
When it comes to creating a space that flows and feels balanced, feng shui has a lot to offer! Here are a few color tips:
- Blue & black will help us to concentrate and meditate. Blue can lower blood pressure and relax.
- Green is associated with growth and action.
- Red can increase heart rate, respiration and blood pressure. It also can alleviate depression. It’s clearly the color of passion and love.
- Yellow can cheer, infuse with hope and create a sense of stability and nurturing. Yellow is often used to help children with dyslexia improve their focus.
- White and metallic colors can support carefulness and focus as well as purity.
Since we’re on the topic of influencing colors, remember our blog post Fall Forecast? We talked about colors that will surely make a move during the Fall, and guess what? They totally did! One our favorite pallets being the * Dusty Colors * (think dirty neutrals like mauve, icy blue, robin egg). Did you use any of those tones in your home? If you did, you’re in luck!
Pantone’s latest announcement!
AHEM, introducing 2016 Colors of the Year: Rose Quartz & Serenity
Which means, we called it 😉
We think this color would add great value to the feng shui of our interiors!
“With the whole greater than its individual parts, joined together Serenity and Rose Quartz demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
These colors can be implemented in a variety of ways. I’m sure we’ll see them in fashion and accessories such as flowing scarfs and spring dresses. In our home, these colors would create relaxing paint choices and beautiful home accessories! We know we’ll start to see rose quartz throws and serenity blue pillows adorn the sofas and beds of luxe homes. Here are some inspiration pictures we put together:
To read more from us on the influence of color in your home, check out some of our past posts and blogs!